Thursday

a story of a diorama of an art exhibition

when I lived in Portland

I opened a small art gallery and museum

called  Musee16  ~A diorama of an art exhibition 


{art by Chris Lawson}

it was on the corner of 16th street 
in an old pharmacy 
next to a happy creperie

everyday I looked forward to sitting in the
calm gray blues of the walls
surrounded by old windows
that the rain would pour down on

listening to things like Moondog ,
Red Norvo , Francois de Roubaix
and Syd Barrett and installing artworks
while the streetcars would pass by

organizing objects and collections of things  ,
 rotating themes and collaborating
with so many splendid artists

getting to meet the inspiring
people that would wander in out of the rain
and share their interesting stories


 
{art by Chaim Garcia}

some of the artists and I
would trade pieces when the exhibit had ended 
I still have a piece by Chris and one of Chaim's pieces
up on my wall 
now in my living room





No comments: