Invisible things by Noëlle Maline

With the flicker of a bird .. I prefer distractions and being interrupted . These days , I am a luggage organizer , book filer and background diorama painter .. I look at the night sky and watch old films .. Collect shadows and uncertainties .. I make art with fragments and broken images .. Paper , things and sounds .

Monday

lost and found

I am still going through boxes from when I
moved away and then moved back.
The boxes are dwindling down to the last of them.
The ones in the living rom a least.
I came across these a few days ago.
They are my favorite images of my parents...
 { I had taken these out of my mom's photo albums
without here knowing }

This is a photograph of my mother when she was
a teenager.. Taken in Long Beach.
She was a local beauty queen and dreamt of being a
bull fighter and studying black holes.

 And this one is of my father and his friends..
Taken in Las Vegas, where he grew up.

He was sort of a con artist/grifter in the making
and a shoe shiner on the side...
My dad is the one on the far right
with the brown hair and 
blowing smoke.

When I look at these, they make me smile.
It's how I like to remember them.

No comments: