Invisible things by Noëlle Maline

With the flicker of a bird .. I prefer distractions and being interrupted . These days , I am a luggage organizer , book filer and background diorama painter .. I look at the night sky and watch old films .. Collect shadows and uncertainties .. I make art with fragments and broken images .. Paper , things and sounds .

Thursday

once upon a time

in the west...


                  [Claudia Cardinal]






before i moved up to portland,
i went to a garage sale at a tune up and car repair garage that was closing down
in my neighborhood.
they mostly had crates of oily parts and dirty tools for sale.
there were some things mixed underneath the grime 
that i found to be interesting. when i asked about them, an older man came out and told me that he had been collecting spaghetti western memorabilia for a while and that those were his.
one of the things
i found was an oil stained frame with a movie still photo in it.
it was a scene from the film above.
the scene where the man is being dragged behind a horse.
i hung it on the kitchen wall in the portland home and i would look at it while having my morning coffee.
then arcade fire came out this song and video and i thought it went together perfectly...


this is a song that i can listen to over and over...
and i do.

[song by arcade fire]

No comments: