Invisible things by Noëlle Maline

With the flicker of a bird .. I prefer distractions and being interrupted . These days , I am a luggage organizer , book filer and background diorama painter .. I look at the night sky and watch old films .. Collect shadows and uncertainties .. I make art with fragments and broken images .. Paper , things and sounds .

Thursday

joan

i love this lady...Joan Vollmer was her name.
this was Edie Parker's impression of Joan -

'Joan's beauty was more than the sum of it's parts. she was soft and feminine, and wore silky clingy clothes and small bandannas tied close to her head. in her reserve, in her personal style, she reminded me of Garbo.

'you should always cook eggs slowly' was Joan's advice in the kitchen on 118th street. Joan did everything slowly,---she spoke, walked, dressed and read slowly...as if savoring every moment.

No comments: