Invisible things by Noëlle Maline

With the flicker of a bird .. I prefer distractions and being interrupted . These days , I am a luggage organizer , book filer and background diorama painter .. I look at the night sky and watch old films .. Collect shadows and uncertainties .. I make art with fragments and broken images .. Paper , things and sounds .

Saturday

bicycles

It seems there are two things I am surrounded by each day - books and bicycles. Today, I mention the bikes.
James took me to the North American Handmade Bicycle Show [NAHBS] last week. We saw some really nice bikes. This was one of my favorites.
Here I am in Whistler at Crankworx. It's one of the hugest downhill and mountain bike events in the world. Thousands of people of all ages on bikes, walking bikes, eating hot dogs on bikes, mangled from bikes, rocks stuck in their faces from riding...
[that's me-standing alone by the jumps - james is on the hill next to the spy70 guy, getting a different angle]
Here is a good site to see candid photos of girls on bicycles.

http://copenhagengirlsonbikes.blogspot.com/

And this is an image I found of an Elswick factory in Great Britain.
This guy might be working on my bike.
And for those of you who have not seen this -
It's an old safety film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko

No comments: